Thanks to generous support from our sponsors we are able to fund about 70 travel fellowships. So, please apply!
We have confirmed financial support for travel fellowships to participate in RECOMB'2015 from the following five sources:
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- International Society for Computational Biology (ISCB)
- Polish Bioinformatics Society (PTBI)
- Biogen Idec
- Polish Ministry of Science and Education (MNiSW)
Travel fellowships are available only to authors of an accepted paper (including highlights) or a poster (to be presented at RECOMB conference). Preference will be given to junior researchers, in particular students and postdocs. Please read more detailed rules of eligibility below.
There will be three categories of grants, depending on the place of affiliation of the grantee:
- Overseas: up to 1000 USD
- Europe (excluding Poland): up to 500 USD
- Poland: up to 1000 PLN
- National Science Foundation (NSF): these awards are available only to students affiliated in US institutions (proof of affiliation is required).
- International Society for Computational Biology (ISCB): these awards are available only to ISCB members (proof of ISCB membership is required).
- Polish Bioinformatics Society (PTBI): these awards are available only to PTBI members.
- Biogen Idec: all, subject to general travel fellowship criteria.
- Polish Ministry of Science and Education (MNiSW): these awards are available only to students from Polish institutions.
NSF and ISCB grants will be given during the conference by personal checks. PTBI grants will be used to lower the registration fee. Biogen Idec grants can be either used to lower the conference expenses (registration fee or accomodation at one of hotels booked via conference registration site), or it can be transfered to the bank account of the grantee in which case we will need original receipts (hotel invoice, or plane e-ticket with price on it and a copy of the boarding pass).
How to apply
All applicants should have completed the online registration before the application. Each person can apply for a travel fellowship from more than one source. However, only one fellowship can be awarded per person. Applications should be submitted no later than February 23rd, 2015. You should receive an email acknowledging the receipt of your application within 3 business days. If not, please resubmit.
Please wait with the conference fee payment until March 1, 2015, when the results will be announced.
The submission system is already closed.
If you have any questions please contact us: email@example.com.